Congratulations to our promoting 8th grade students!
Thank you to all students for making this year great!
Online registration will begin for all DMS students. Instructions will be sent home this month by TVUSD.
ALL GRADES (6-8):
Students must be present on their assigned day and time to:
- Receive a class schedule
- Have ID picture taken
- Student Tours (6th grade registration day only)
- Receive textbooks
- In addition, students my purchase yearbooks, P.E, uniforms, grade-level shirts, ASB Spirit Pack, and PTSA membership.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
6th Grade Schedules - to be picked up in the MPR. Students with last names beginning with:
- A through F: 9:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.
- G through L 10:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
- M through R 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- S through Z 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
7th Grade Schedules - to be picked up in the MPR. Students with last names beginning with:
- A through K 8:00 a.m.- 9:30 a.m.
- L through Z 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
8th Grade Schedules - to be picked up in the MPR. Students with last names beginning with:
- A through K 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- L through Z 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Please click the Registration Info link under Quick Links on this page for more information.
Are you an incoming 6th grader who would like to have a big brother or sister group help you transition to middle school? Are you a new 7th or 8th grade student who would like to have a DMS brother or sister group help you acclimate to our school? If so, check out the SWAK Ambassadors web site for more information.
If you would like your child to experience four outstanding DMS electives in 6th grade, then you might be interested in the Explore wheel.
- Art: Students in 6th grade Art will have an opportunity to unleash their creativity! Not only will they be taught valuable skills to enhance their artworks, they will work out creative solutions, problem-solve, and explore materials. Students will learn how to show depth and distance, explore color relationships, and observe the world around them.
- Home Economics: Home Economics is great class for kinesthetic learners! Students will have the opportunity to learn practical life skills such as how to read a recipe and complete basic cooking skills while preparing nutritious snacks. They will also learn how to safely operate a sewing machine and create a Dr. Seuss hat. In addition, they will learn safe babysitting techniques. All units will incorporate competency-based skills utilized in core classes.
- Technology: Technology students will be studying five different areas of technology. Some of these areas include: Aerodynamic Principles, Aerospace, Graphic Design, CAD and Engineering Structures. Students will work individually and in small groups on activities and projects. Highlights of the class are the competitions testing bridges and flying machines.
- Keyboarding: Keyboarding students learn to type quickly and efficiently without looking at their hands. This is an essential life skill in our technological world.
The Explore Team is looking forward to working with you and your child.
All students entering 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster shoot (Tdap) before starting school this August 2015. Please click the link below for more information.