Welcome to the DMS Attendance Page
Attendance is an important part of a student’s education. Students will be held responsible for all course work regardless of absences. Students are expected to be in school every day. Tardies are also an area of concern when discussing attendance. Please work together with your student to ensure a prompt arrival to school. Students must be in their seats before the tardy bell rings at 8:15. Please feel free to contact us if there is ever a concern regarding your student’s attendance.
Attendance is recorded on a period by period basis; therefore, each class is considered on an individual basis. Any student who is absent more than nine (9) times each semester for unexcused reasons may have his/her citizenship grade lowered.
- Excused absences are for illness, medical/dental appointments and bereavement.
- Unexcused absences are those absences with the parent/guardian’s knowledge, which are not listed above, such as family trip, baby-sitting, or inclement weather.
- Truancy is an absence without parent/guardian knowledge or consent.
*Please note ~ if parent/guardian contact is not made, the student’s absence will remain uncleared which may lead to truancy.
To Report an Absence
If your student is absent,call our 24-Hour Attendance Line: 506-3573
A parent or guardian will need to leave the following information:
- student's full name and spelling of last name
- reason for absence
- your relationship to the student
- phone number where we can reach you
To speak with Mrs. Cuny, the attendance clerk, please call 699-8138 ext:1164 or email her at email@example.com
When You're Absent
Students should check their teacher’s websites for work while absent. Homework may be requested on the third day of absence. Teachers have 24 hours to prepare work for the request. All students need to check with their teachers for any missed work when they return to school.
For more information, please click this link to the TVUSD Board Policy regarding Attendance.